Friday, September 3, 2010

Lobster Party

This coming weekend is going to be our 4th annual "BYOL" (Bring Your Own Lobster) party. Over the years it's evolved into more of a we'll get your lobster and you pay us back type arrangement, but the idea is still the same. A bunch of our friends all get together in the back yard and eat a lot of lobster, and corn and potatoes, and we say goodbye to summer. It's one of those things I love about our life, these traditions we've created, they're really fun.
Part of the reason that we end up buying the lobster for everyone is that I have a lobster guy. Not as cheap as some chain supermarket lobsters that have been sitting in a tank for God knows how long; but then, I would much rather buy from someone I know, and who I can count on to have quality seafood. I speak of course, of Louie's Alive and Kicking Lobsters.


Louie is a great guy, and I've been buying lobsters from him since I was in high school. Though they don't always have the biggest variety of other kinds of seafood, they generally have a reasonable selection. They do always have lobster, and all of their seafood is very fresh, mostly caught locally, and very fair prices. They're supposed to be open Monday - Saturday from 11-6 and Sundays from 11-3 but sometimes they close early, so call ahead if it's close to closing time.
If you live on the Boston side and you don't want to cross over to Cambridge, you can also get damn good lobster from James Hook , but really, Louie's is worth the trip.

1 comment:

  1. Excellent. I'd almost forgotten about this place. Nice to see some things haven't changed :)

    ReplyDelete